Breezy, Mobile P4, 686-SMP Kernel, and NVidia...

Steve Kratz stevek at cipafilter.com
Fri Sep 23 16:16:38 UTC 2005

Under Hoary, my laptop (Dell Inspiron 5160), ran the Linux-Image-686-SMP
package with the nvidia drivers just fine. (I want to use the 686-SMP
due to the Mobile P4's hyperthreading...)

Under Breezy, I can get the nvidia drivers loaded, OR the 686-SMP kernel
- Both together result in X not starting.

Anyone have a procedure down that will work for this combination? (I
>do< have the 686-smp restricted module kernel installed too)

Steve