Hoary problems

vignesh m feduntu at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 13:08:58 UTC 2005

On 9/19/05, vignesh m <feduntu at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi!
> Where do I download the restricted formats to play all kinds of media in
> totem , I have download in windows and then go to ubuntu and install them
> since my internal modem does not work in hoary.Also how do I configure my
> internal modem(pctel)in hoary.ubuntu did not detect my internal modem.
>
> Thanks
> Vignesh

hi

I downloaded the modem driver from linmodems.org <http://linmodems.org>. I
got the following output while installing please help
root at Blue:/home/vignesh/pctel-
0.9.7-9-rht-4c.tar.gz_FILES/pctel-0.9.7-9-rht-4c #
ls
ChangeLog driver FAQ README setup src
root at Blue:/home/vignesh/pctel-
0.9.7-9-rht-4c.tar.gz_FILES/pctel-0.9.7-9-rht-4c #
./setup
checking for running kernel version...2.6.10
checking for ptserial...ptserial-2.6.c
checking for gcc...3.3.5
searching for kernel includes...** error
could not find any kernel sources in /usr/src
you have either not installed your kernel sources
or your kernel sources are installed in another place then
/usr/src/
please enter your correct kernel source tree, e.g. /usr/src/linux: