How about installing new hardware AFTER system installation?

monster ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Fri Sep 23 09:11:43 UTC 2005

YES I need kudzu or something like that. Please read why.

I must to install flash memory stick on  my laptop which is Toshiba
4090XCDT.

I added lines to /etc/fstab :

none      /proc/bus/usb  usbfs   user,rw     0           0

/mnt/flash       /dev/sda1     vfat    user,rw,sync,noatime    0
0

but I wanted to mount it automatically so installed usbmgr.

I dont remember clearly but I'm concered I didnt done any special
hacking and aparently   I _LOST_  pcmcia modules in kernel which has
effect in that I lost my internet connection and sound.

I was very happy that Ubuntu install that software during installation
but what I',m oing to do in this situation?

Looking for modules names on the web seem to be paranoic after an a our
I found the yenta-socket is responsible for pcmcia bus but this wasn't
resolve the problem I still hadn't modules for sound and network card.

What I did whas set distro on Warty install kudzu and _Kudzu_ told me I
had sound card compatible with snd_es1968 module. Today I dont remember
NIC name.

I you have any other thing the do same or better thing that kudzu do
not hesitate to tell everybody on that forum about this.

I somebody know such tool please write it down.

--
monster