Hoary + BT Voyager 1010 Wireless Card

Sean Miller sean at seanmiller.net
Fri Sep 23 07:55:40 UTC 2005

My laptop died yesterday :-(

Liquid and laptops don't mix...

Anyway, have been running Warty, and then Hoary, on the laptop since
late 2004 and had no issue at all with the PCMCIA Wireless Card (BT
Voyager 1020) from the outset.

Now I'm on the desktop PC which has the USB card rather than PCMCIA.
Unfortunately that one doesn't seem to be recognised... have looked
around to see if I can find anything and found an Atmel driver on
sourceforge which claimed to work but it won't compile....

So, question is... has anybody got the BT 1010 card working on Hoary? If
so, would appreciate advice on how... at present I'm stuck on Windows
and it's driving me mad... might have to invest in a very very long RJ45
cable if I can't get the wireless working :-(

Sean