RTL8139 problem

Aviv Goll avivgoll at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 18:24:33 UTC 2005

Vram wrote:

>On Thu, 2005-09-22 at 18:29 +0300, Aviv Goll wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>> I have RTL8139 ethernet NIC and during boot (on breezy) I get some
>>error message about using 8139too instead of 8139cp. I found a bugreport
>>about it on ubuntu bugzilla (bug #14802) and it's marked resolved, but I
>>didn't see any solution and my problem still exist. what do I do?
>>
>>TIA
>>- Aviv
>>

>Is networking working for you??
>
>If so.. Ignore the message..
>
>If not.. Then it is a problem
>

>Vram

Well, on hoary the network worked automatically, now I have to manually
run dhclient to have network.
And I think it's causing another problem:
several applications (one example is gcalctool, another is gnobots2 but
they're not the only ones) has 3 minutes delay at startup (wmmon isn't
showing any unusual cpu activity until they start). this delay doesn't
happen before I run dhclient, so I suspect something is wrong with the
network, therefor, I wanna fix the message...

- Aviv