The setenv equivalent in Ubuntu

Colin Watson cjwatson at ubuntu.com
Wed Sep 21 16:37:46 UTC 2005

On Wed, Sep 21, 2005 at 08:52:21PM +0430, Behrang Saeedzadeh wrote:
> What's the setenv command's equivalent in Ubuntu? I want to set the
> CVSHOME to some directory but it looks like that Ubuntu does not
> recognize the setenv command.

That's not a matter of Ubuntu vs. other Unix systems; you're simply
expecting a C-style shell while most modern Unix systems provide a
Bourne-style shell by default. If your expectations are based on a C
shell, you'll probably need to get used to the shell mostly from
scratch.

Try 'export CVSHOME=/whatever/directory'.

Cheers,