Ubuntu mentors

Vram lamsokvr at xprt.net
Wed Sep 21 04:03:05 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-09-21 at 11:40 +1000, Justin Kelly wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> re: http://www.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=05/09/13/1816200
>
> I think the idea of an Ubuntu Mentors would be a great way to get
> 'convert' people from only looking at Ubuntu to really using it
> day-to-day.
>
> Even though the forums,IRC, and mail lists are friendly and helpful a
> more personal approach for new users would be beneficial.
>
> What does everyone think about this?
>
> ps. if anyones got some webspace with db access i'll give hacking a
> php based mentors listing/conenctor thing a goes - let me know
>
> Cheers
>
> Justin Kelly
>
> --
> jabber: justin at jabber.org.au
> msn: justinjameskelly at hotmai.com

I think using the present system is the way to go...

Ask a question and any person who knows the answer can speak up...

I wouldn't want to mentor a person...

There is so much I don't know...  I ask questions  ALL the time myself..

And if someone knows all the answers.. They are way TOO smart to be on
this list..

Cause they are busy will big things in life...  Not on a beginners
list..

That is my opinion and I am sticking with it.  At least till the wife
tells me different!!!!!

Vram