Capturing an rstp, mms or ogg audio stream and coverting to MP3

Eric Dunbar eric.dunbar at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 03:12:36 UTC 2005

Agger,

I suspect that you can name the stream using mplayer so you won't have
to do the mv command.

As for listening to file at the same time... I don't see why not since
it's a stream (encoded to be listed to as it comes in). You may be
able to open the file stream.dump directly and have the GUI player
automagically recognise the file, or you could create a link to the
file:

ln stream.dump file.rm

Eric.