Mounting ISO Files?

Thomas Beckett thomas.beckett at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 09:46:29 UTC 2005

On 8/31/05, Stephen R Laniel <steve at laniels.org> wrote:
> sudo mount -o loop -t iso9660 filename.iso /mnt/mountpoint
>
> where filename.iso is the name of the ISO file, and
> /mnt/mountpoint is the directory where the ISO file will be
> mounted.
>
> You could put those two lines into a script, then add them
> to a right-click menu associated with ISO files in GNOME.
> I've never tried that, though, so you'd be on your own.

This would likely work just fine as a Nautilus script but you would of
course need to use gksudo rather than sudo as there would be no
terminal to ask for the password.

Also could you change it to mount in a users home directory and then
add the script to the sudoers file as nopassword so that for the
"mount in HOME" nautilus script the sudo password would not be needed?
If this was done, would any of the commands executed by the nautilus
script need sudo privs or would the execute fine as the script itself
not need it?

Tom