Resize XP partition for more Ubuntu space

Emerzen ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Tue Sep 20 02:01:23 UTC 2005

1.) Defrag your Windows partition before doing any resizing.

2.) Grab qtparted or gparted via synaptic (or partition magic for fee)
and resize.  Keep in mind that you can only have a total of four
partitions on any one disc, however Linux can use LVM to form
quasi-partitions.  Since you are only resizing this shouldn't be a
problem.  However, it you're going to create any new partitions, keep
the total number in mind.

Personally, I've used qtparted and resized my Windows partition, and
added/deleted/reformatted partitions several times w/o a problem.
Never used gparted though.  Good luck.

--
Emerzen