usb memory stick

Alex Marten alex.marten at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 03:15:59 UTC 2005

A quick google of the problem and it seems that many others have had
this sort of problem under linux.  You can try to mount the stick via
the command line with:

sudo mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 MOUNTPOINT

But this probably will not work if Ubuntu cannot mount it
automatically.  (Subsite in the directory to mount it to for
MOUNTPOINT)

It seems that a far amount of people have had luck solving the problem
by reformating the drive.  To do this:

sudo mkfs -t vfat /dev/sda1

Sorry I can not be of more help.