Breezy Suspend/Resume working finally

Paul McNett PaulMcNett
Fri Sep 16 23:38:28 UTC 2005

> I just installed the breezy preview on my Toshiba M15-S405 laptop, and for
> the first time suspend/resume actually works. It didn't work out of the box,
> I had to tweak /ets/default/acpi-support. Also, I couldn't get it to work
> with nvidia-glx, just nv.
>
> However, there is one minor problem that I can see: my mouse doesn't come
> back. Anyone have a hint on how to get my mouse back?

Never mind, sorry for the bandwidth. All I needed to do in /etc/default/acpi-support is:

MODULES="mousedev psmouse"

Woo hoo!!! ACPI suspend/resume is working for the first time!!! The last time I had suspend/resume working on this laptop was with RedHat9 and APM. But problems with APM included not being able to scale the freq, control the fan (it always stayed on). Now I have the best of all worlds. Thanks Ubuntu!

--
Paul McNett
http://paulmcnett.com