best terminal font (was: Lightweight terminal emulator?)

Shot - Piotr Szotkowski shot at hot.pl
Fri Sep 16 15:05:30 UTC 2005

Hello.

Marius Gedminas:

> You can ask modern Xft2/Pango/fontconfig-using applications to
> support the old bitmapped fonts by uncommenting a single line in
> /etc/fonts/local.conf.  Or you can let dpkg-reconfigure fontconfig
> do that for you.  7x13 at 75 dpi used to be my favourite font.
> Fontconfig calls it 'Fixed'.

My favourite approach is to leave the bitmapped fonts disabled, but link
~/.fonts/fixed to /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc and add the following to
my ~/.fonts.conf:

<selectfont>
  <acceptfont>
    <pattern>
    </pattern>
  </acceptfont>
</selectfont>

This and a terminal set to 'Fixed 9' is all I seem to need these days.

Cheers,
-- Shot
--
         The problem with people whose minds are in the gutter is that
         they keep blocking my periscope.        -- Peter Gutmann, asr