Thanks... Nearly worked :(

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Fri Sep 16 13:49:48 UTC 2005

On Fri, Sep 16, 2005 at 10:45:10PM +1200, Mike wrote:
>Thanks, your instructions got me to where the floppy was mounted but I was
>not able to read or write to it.... There was just no activity. In Warty
>the same instructions worked perfectly...albeit the mount point is
>/media/floppy...ah well I learned something :)

Sometimes the disk activity is deferred. Unmounting the filesystem will
trigger it to actually perform the write.

/M

magnus at therning.org
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

For the computer security community, the moral is obvious: if you are
designing a system whose functions include providing evidence, it had
better be able to withstand hostile review.
      -- Ross Anderson