[breezy] What happened to the 3270 packages?

Michael R Head burner at suppressingfire.org
Thu Sep 15 19:55:41 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-09-15 at 02:55 -0700, Corey Burger wrote:
> On 9/15/05, Michael R Head <burner at suppressingfire.org> wrote:
> > I'm curious about what happened to the x3270 packages. Why have they
> > been removed? Some of us still do need to access IBM mainframes from
> > time to time...
> >
> > mike
>
> Seems it was dropped from Debian due to some license issues:
>
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2005/05/msg00006.html

http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/non-free/3/3270/3270_3.2.17-2/x3270.copyright

So the problem is just that the fonts are licensed for distribution and
redistribution but not explicitly for use? And that's the problem? Can
we just use another font?

--
Michael R Head <burner at suppressingfire.org>
GPG: http://www.suppressingfire.org/~burner/gpg.key.txt (ID 0x9932A319)