Lightweight terminal emulator?

Colin Watson cjwatson at
Thu Sep 15 11:45:39 UTC 2005

On Thu, Sep 15, 2005 at 03:05:38AM +0000, Grant Edwards wrote:
> But, ubuntu doesn't appear to have any of the "misc" bitmapped
> fonts in UTF encoding.  They're all there, but they're all
> ISO-8859-1 encoding, but the whole distro is UTF8-only.

It just isn't true that Ubuntu is UTF-8-only. We only enable UTF-8 *by
default*, true, but 'sudo dpkg-reconfigure locales' and you can turn on
whatever legacy locales you like.

As for terminal emulators, I like pterm. It has its quirks and some bugs
I really ought to get round to fixing (particularly the Home/End
business - I've got used to using C-a and C-e instead), but it's pretty
small and quick.

Colin Watson                                       [cjwatson at]