wma to ogg conversion script

Karl Hegbloom hegbloom at pdx.edu
Wed Sep 14 17:54:28 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-09-14 at 18:26 +1000, Pascal Klein wrote:

> A big hug and a thank you from me. :o)

 <blushing> You're welcome, Pascal. </blushing>

Several months ago when I first purchased the Olympus DM-10 digital
recorder, I could not find anything about how to perform that conversion
when I Googled for it.  Yesterday, I tried again, and found one posting
that explained how to use 'mplayer' to do it.  I wrote the script, and
then decided to add another Google "hit" for it by posting it here.

I wish I had a way, using OSS, to convert the DSS format also.  Any
clues?  I'm thinking of trying to use Wine and the included software,
but am skeptical about whether it will function.  I wonder if there is a
way to use the codec .dll from that software with 'mplayer'?  If I could
simply drop it into the w32codecs directory and add the right magic to
the configuration file, it stands a chance of functioning, right?  Q: do
those audio codecs present some sort of standardized interface to make
them plug-able?  I bet they do.

--
Karl Hegbloom <hegbloom at pdx.edu>