5.10 preview install disaster

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Wed Sep 14 03:24:11 UTC 2005

On 2005-09-14, Luis Murillo <lmurillo at gmx.net> wrote:

> Apparently you haven't read the documentation very well :)
>
> Ubuntu has root user disabled by default, which means that when you're
> asked for the password use your own normal user password.

I found that.  Since the user password wasn't working, I wanted
to try the root password -- which wasn't set.  Setting it
didn't help.

I re-installed with the laptop in it's docking station so that
there was a PCI network card to detect.  This time everything
seems to be working much better.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  I FORGOT to do the
                                  at               DISHES!!