Breezy: Virtual consoles still broken?

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Tue Sep 13 15:26:40 UTC 2005

Stephen R Laniel wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 10, 2005 at 12:19:39PM -0300, Derek Broughton wrote:
>> on the Ubuntu site, something like "Why X is _not_ broken".  It's just a
>> matter of adding a couple of packages that I would have thought should
>> have
>> been dependencies  of the xserver
>
> I've not been able to find this article despite endless
> googling. Could you possibly track down the URL for me?

Hmmm. "unbroken" would have helped, and it's not the actual Ubuntu site :-)
Sorry about that.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?s=13153cb5c015563f90895e112e812e43&t=54569&page=1&pp=10

basically, install xkbutils and xkeyboard-config, and there could be some
problems with xkeyboard-config that need you to force dpkg to override some
missing config files.
--
derek