flash hangs firefox

Michael R Head burner at suppressingfire.org
Tue Sep 13 16:47:36 BST 2005

On Tue, 2005-09-13 at 16:32 +0200, Duncan Lithgow wrote:
> Steve Kratz wrote:
> > What color depth is your screen at? I've had lots of problems if I'm
> > using 16-bit color for the desktop.
> >

> I don't know and don't know where to find it..

Display depth is still one of the things that's hard to change.

You can find out how many bits of color you've got your display
configured for by doing this:

 xdpyinfo |grep "depth of root window"

from a terminal. Mine's running at 16-bit color:

burner at phoenix:~$ xdpyinfo |grep "depth of root window"
  depth of root window:    16 planes

To change it, you'll need to reconfigure the xserver:

 sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg

Eventually you'll get to a place where you can select your desired bit
depth.

mike

--
Michael R Head <burner at suppressingfire.org>