Breezy( totem plugins)

James Livingston jrl at ids.org.au
Tue Sep 13 03:33:19 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-09-12 at 10:30 -0400, fmccormick at videotron.ca wrote:
> Upgraded to breezy a few days ago---and discovered Totem won't play a lot
> of files. So I installed the W32codecs from the mplayer site...and gs-streamer
> but Totem is still uncooperative. Won't play avi's or wmv's.
>
> Ran gs-register (I think that was the name) and it seemed to find all the
> plugins. And where is the place in Totem where you add plugins?

GStreamer won't use W32codecs out of the box, it needs the pitfdll
plugin installed. The easiest way to do this, is to install the package
"gstreamer0.8-plugins-multiverse" (which is in multiverse).

For me, having gstreamer0.8-plugins-multiverse and gstreamer0.8-plugins
installed makes gstreamer work with most media.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
ATC: Airliner 123, turn right 20 degrees for noise abatement.
A123: Noise abatement? We are at FL310.