TeamSpeak with ET with a SB Live!

Russ drunkontheamtrak at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 09:46:43 UTC 2005

Ok, So I'm trying to get my sound to work in tc:e while running
teamspeak, I'm following what I read and what people say to do in the
forums, except when I try to do this.
I have a sb live! card and sound works everywhere else.

sudo echo "et.x86 0 0 direct">/proc/asound/card0/pcm0p/oss
bash: /proc/asound/card0/pcm0p/oss: Permission denied

sudo echo "et.x86 0 0 disable">/proc/asound/card0/pcm0c/oss
bash: /proc/asound/card0/pcm0c/oss: Permission denied

Any Idea as to what I can do about this, since it seems to be the key
to getting this to work.