Four Ubuntu Installations -- ALL FAIL

Shannon McMackin mcmackin at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 11 18:55:19 UTC 2005

arjaybe wrote:
> First, I think you should read this article:
>

> http://linux.oneandoneis2.org/LNW.htm
>

> Then I think you should give up and quit trying to like Linux.  Windows
> works perfectly for you so you shouldn't waste your time looking at
> anything else.

Well if that isn't the biggest slap in the face I've ever seen...

Someone posts in the forum that they are having difficulty installing
Linux on there system and you tell them to give up and keep running windows.

That's pretty sad...

Regardless of what you think, when a new user posts here, it is our
responsibility to try to help them accomplish what they want.

New users typically can only compare to what they know which is usually
windows.

What is Ubuntu all about?

I guarantee it's not about telling people to stay away from Linux.

Shannon