nvRAID RAID-0 (nForce4)

Sierra ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Sun Sep 11 16:45:58 UTC 2005

WENAS

Well, I intalled the software, we need the aplication dmraid :

http://tinyurl.com/8bu2y

and install:  apt-get install gcc libdevmapper-dev

with these packages you can compile the software whith these steps:

tar xvfj dmraid-1.0.0.rc8.tar.bz2

cd dmraid

make

make install

and then you can execute "dmraid -h" to view the options. (for more
help, "man dmraid" :-)

with "dmraid -cs" the aplication looks for the partition like are in
the Bios

and create a new devices in /dev/mapper/

in my PC:

casper-cow              -> Ubuntu

casper-snapshot     -> Ubuntu

control                      -> Ubuntu

nvidia_beaeahhf      -> the raid of the BIOS.

nvidia_beaeahhf1    -> The first partition where the GUINDOUS are.

You can view the partition table with:

fdisk /dev/mapper/nvidia_beaeahhf

and add your new partitions or what you need, but You need an initrd,
with some aplication to run your ubuntu/linux with the root in raid. I
don't probe it yet.

I want to see if LVM are functional with these aplications ?¿?¿?

Some body knows?

Bye

--
Sierra