Beagle indexer question

Jim Richardson warlock at eskimo.com
Sun Sep 11 10:32:30 UTC 2005

Running Breezy, with Beagle, all installed from the multiverse/universe
repositories, no othe reps.

Having issues with EvolutionDataServer and Beagle, but ignoring that for
now, I start beagled with --deny-backend EvolutionDataServer and it
works fine. But...

Now, run a search, get results, great. Then, add a line containing the
search term to a file, great, it shows up in the results, *if* the file
is in $HOME, if the file is in $HOME/foo/ then it doesn't show up. For
some reason, Beagle doesn't notice new/changed files in subdirectories.
Is there something I am doing wrong? It will (I think) eventually
reindex, and find the file, add it to the index, but not immediately.

I have the stock 2.6.12 Breezy kernel, which I think has inotify,
and /home is a partition mounted with xattr. Any ideas?

I might be crazier than you think