wiki.ubuntu.com/WhyIDontUbuntu

HC Brugmans hcbrugmans at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 21:16:32 UTC 2005

Carroll Grigsby wrote:
> HC Brugmans wrote:
>
>> I had an experience the other day that proved to me that Ubuntu is not
>> ready to be my main OS. I spent quite a while trying to get things to
>> work as I needed them to be effective in my studies.
>>
>> At this piont I realised that I must not be the only one who has such an
>> experience, so I invite everyone to go and think about what you would
>> need for Ubuntu to be the OS you'd need it to be, so you can use it at
>> work, in your studies, or at home, and be efficient.
>>
>> This is not ment as a rant against ubuntu or linux in general. Just as a
>> way of documenting what ubuntu needs to do to get on the desktop of
>> about everyone.
>>
>> If you have a reason why you don't use ubuntu full-time, or hesitate
>> migrating your Aunt Marge, grandmother, or family pc, please share them
>> at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/WhyIDontUbuntu.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Hidde Brugmans.
>>
>> And yes, if this turns out nicely, we'll do a /WhyIUbuntu too. ;)
>>

> Hidde:
>
> I searched the list archives back through May to see what sort of
> questions you had posed related to your problems with OpenOffice. Here's
> what I found: You have made a total of eleven posts, all of them within
> the past day or so. Seven of your posts are in this thread. Of the
> remaining four, _none_ were related to OpenOffice. But yet you found the
> time to set up a wiki.
>
> -- cmg

I've been active on irc, the forums, and in many other places where you
have not searched. No reason to personally attack me.

Again, the piont here is not openoffice, the piont is that this is a
problem that bugs me greatly, and others have this or other issues too.
I'd like to see them discussed on the wiki page.
Feel free to post problems and solutions there.

The entire point is to create a page that is a safe environment for
people to say "this sucks, because" or "my mother oculdn't possibly work
with it, because"

-Hidde