Upgrade to breezy

HC Brugmans hcbrugmans at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 14:47:43 UTC 2005

Steve Myers wrote:
> sc0rpi0n Wrote:
>
>>hi i downloaded ubuntu breezy preview release and installed it on my
>>system. I've got problems compiling drivers for my usb adsl modem. It
>>need gcc-3.4, while breezy includes gcc-4.0. In fact with hoary all
>>goes fine. How can i resolve? Tnx
>

> Hi sc0rpi0n, if you could please take this to the Breezy Development
> forum then we can further assist you with that.
>
> Thank You!

There is no need for that, he needs to install gcc3.4. It's hardly
feasible to expect -devels or -upstream to have a version that works
with gcc4 at this piont, and if there is, it won't get into Breezy
before release.

hidde at system:~$ sudo apt-cache search gcc-3.4
g++-3.4 - The GNU C++ compiler
gcc-3.4 - The GNU C compiler
gcc-3.4-base - The GNU Compiler Collection (base package)
gcc-3.4-doc - Documentation for the GNU compilers (gcc, gobjc, g++)

sudo apt-get install gcc-3.4 will fix your problem

-Hidde