Converting Mail from Evolution for Mutt

Carthik Sharma carthik at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 19:54:54 UTC 2005

Hi All,

I have decided that I want to try Mutt for mail. I think I will go with the
fetchmail+procmail+mutt+postfix route.

Now the question is -- How do I get the mail stored by Evolution into Mutt?
Do I just copy the mail file from Evolution to /var/mail/<me> and will the
mails then be picked up by mutt - can I do this before I start using
fetchmail? Or is there a better way?

Also -- Should I use mbox or maildir -- of which I hear good things? Any
opinions?

I have decided to use POP3 and not IMAP for some specific reasons - just so
you know what I intend to use.

Please let me know if there is any other info that I can provide you with.

Thanks in advance,
Carthik.

--
When nothing is done, nothing is left undone -- 老子 Lǎozi

University of Central Florida
Homepage: http://carthik.net