Kernel 2.6.10 and later issues with USB

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Thu Sep 8 17:57:40 UTC 2005

On Wed, Sep 07, 2005 at 05:07:21PM -0400, Matt Patterson wrote:
[..]
>I just thought I should point out that uhci_hcd and ehci_hcd do not
>have the same purpose. uhci_hcd is for usb 1.1 devices (low and full
>speed). ehci_hcd is for usb 2.0 devices (hi speed devices). I will
>admit that the ehci_hcd has a LOT of bugs in it and its compatibility
>is less than stellar, so going back to the uhci_hcd will make things
>work better, just slower!!

Does it work at all?
Using ehci_hcd results in the USB device being discovered over and over,
reporting it all in /var/log/messages.

/M

magnus at therning.org
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

One of the main causes of the fall of the Roman Empire was that,
lacking zero, they had no way to indicate successful termination of
their C programs.
     -- Robert Firth