Duron Video Chipset & Memory

Steve bassix at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 04:21:34 UTC 2005

On 9/7/05, Paul Trevethan <plist at internode.on.net> wrote:

> 1. The m/board has built in video and sound and I don't know how to tell
> whether or not she would benefit from adding the Nvidia stuff? I gather
> I have to find out the chipset for the onboard video, is that right? I
> don't know how to do that. If some kind soul could direct me in that
> regard I would be grateful.

The NVidia driver will only benefit her if she wants to play 3D games
(using the chips hardware 3D acceleration). If it's a slow machine
with not much RAM, I'd guess that 3D gaming is probably not in the
cards...

So if the on-board video works fine with the default setup, I'd leave
it at that!

-Steve.
--
Ubuntu :: Linux for Human Beings :: ubuntulinux.org