Colony 3 to Colony 4...

Bob Hentges bob.hentges at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 20:44:31 UTC 2005

On 06/09/05, Shannon McMackin <mcmackin at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Colin Watson wrote:

> >>That's probably correct for sub-version releases in moving from Colony 3
> >> to Colony 4.
> >>
> >>It seems more appropriate that "sudo apt-get dist-upgrade" would be the
> >>method of going from Hoary to Breezy.
> >

> > You may well still need to use dist-upgrade within a development tree
> > such as Breezy is at the moment.

Yup, that is the way I see it as well. Technically I do not think that
updating kernel-images and some important libs can be handled without
doing a dist-upgrade. I am however not sure on this point, so do not
quote me on it.

I use the graphical updater only to do minor packages fixes and
similiar stuff. For updates that affect the "base-system" I tend to
use "dist-upgrade". That might be total overkill however. I really
don't know.