art.ubuntu.com website launched

Henrik Nilsen Omma henrik at ubuntu.com
Mon Sep 5 19:15:12 UTC 2005

Magnus Therning wrote:

>What's the raison d'ĂȘtre for the site? Why is it worth adding yet
>another site of to an already long list of GNOME artwork?

The site will have two main purposes: the first is to act as a central
repository for Ubuntu, Kubuntu and Edubuntu artwork where users can stop
in for some eye candy for their desktop. This is already catered for to
some extent by art.gnome gnome-look and kde-look, but in those places
it's spread out and mixed in with other stuff.

Also, we want it to be a place for new development of artwork, where
artists can upload work in progress and comment on each other's work.

We might need to extend the functionality of the site to serve both of
these purposes well. We should probably implement a way of
distinguishing WIP from finished items.

- Henrik