Dcraw (segfault)

James Tappin sjt at star.sr.bham.ac.uk
Mon Sep 5 16:19:53 UTC 2005

On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 16:55:30 +0100
Norman Silverstone <norman at littletank.org> wrote:

NS> > As I'm about to take delivery of a Canon EOS 350D, I'd be
NS> > interested in any answer to this.
NS> >
NS> > Are there any plugins etc, to allow gthumb and other tools to deal
NS> > with RAW format images directly?
NS>
NS> There is quite a lot of information to be found on Google. Try RAW
NS> format Gimp for example.

The ufraw plugin version in hoary doesn't yet support the EOS 350D, and
the dcraw utility (which the dcraw plugin accesses) segfaults as I
indicated. So currently the option is to build dcraw from source
(http://www.cybercom.net/~dcoffin/dcraw). I've not had a chance to check
out either in Breezy yet.

FWIW the format is actually a lossless JPEG2000 image embedded in a TIFF
structure.

James

| James Tappin           | School of Physics & Astronomy |  O__    |
| sjt at star.sr.bham.ac.uk | University of Birmingham      | --  \/` |
| Ph: 0121-414-6462. Fax: 0121-414-3722                  |         |