Can't reboot from ssh command line

Michael R Head burner at suppressingfire.org
Sun Sep 4 19:42:56 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-09-04 at 15:33 -0400, Stephen R Laniel wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 05, 2005 at 04:23:53AM +0900, Craig Hagerman wrote:
> > I would really appreciate any help or advice to figure out how to fix
> > this problem. On a related note... is there any way I can have the
> > machine shutdown and then turn itself on and some later time?
>
> By software? No. If the machine is turned off, Linux is not
> running. So there's no way to have Linux software turn it on
> when it's turned off.

Right, but it might be possible to set up a start-up time in the
system's BIOS. For example, if you want the machine to start up at
8:55AM, so it has 5 minutes to boot before you reach your desk at 9, you
should be able to configure that, though linux would have nothing in
particular to do with that.

--
Michael R Head <burner at suppressingfire.org>
GPG: http://www.suppressingfire.org/~burner/gpg.key.txt (ID 23A02B1F)