Potentially new user

david nux at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Sep 4 19:19:13 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-09-04 at 14:52 -0400, forgotten one wrote:
> Thanks for all the help everyone.  About to start the download but before i
> do, can anyone tell me the difference between Kubuntu and Ubuntu?  Which
> would a novice such as myself be more comfortable in?

KDE tends to have a lot of apps installed and lots of options everywhere
you look. Gnome tends to be a little slicker (with nicer artwork), with
less apps and slightly harder to find options. The Ubuntu Gnome way
seems to be (more or less) 1 program per task rather than several. Both
KDE and Gnome are customisable. There's loads of stuff (and screenshots)
available at www.gnome-look.org and www.kde-look.org
I started with KDE and found it to be most friendly, I use Gnome now,
Gnome is beautiful - (imo).

regards

nux