ndiswrapper

azz ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Fri Sep 2 14:56:31 UTC 2005

Dennis Kaarsemaker Wrote:
> On do, 2005-09-01 at 22:16 -0400, Yotto wrote:

> > I'm having the same problem, but I logged in as root and ran just

> > 'modprobe ndiswrapper' and I'm getting a bit more output than I did

> > when I used sudo (With sudo, I got the same output as Winston did

> > above)

> I've seen this happen a lot with the generic -386 kernel. Switching to

> -686 (pentium) or -k7 (amd) kernel usually helped.

> --

> Dennis K.

> - Linux for human beings: http://www.ubuntulinux.org

> - Linux voor normale mensen: http://www.ubuntulinux.nl

This can happen if you try to compile a newer version of ndiswrapper,
and then revert back to the stock ubuntu version and forget to
downgrade the newly compiled module.  I had this problem with
mismatched ndiswrapper userspace utility and kernel module.  I fixed it
by either re-installing the linux-image or the ndiswrapper-utils
package.

sudo apt-get install --reinstall ndiswrapper-utils

--
azz