Can I fix or replace Redhat 7 LILO using Kubuntu 5.04 CD?

Jerry Miller gamphd at comcast.net
Thu Sep 1 13:28:05 UTC 2005

Apparently he thought it was a CD that would boot me into
Linux, but the only options I see are the "boot" and "boot server"
commands, either of which allows me to use either an existing
partition (all of which are already in use: C:, /, swap, and F:) or
free disk space (which is megs, not gigs), so the answer would
be that it's probably an install CD.

On the other hand, now that I've discovered that the original
MBR code seems dependent on non-extended INT 13H calls,
I'm wondering whether even a more up-to-date MBR would
run into similar problems once it loads continuation code from
/ that still relies on non-extended INT 13H, all of whose
addressable space is now contained within C:.