Adobe Reader not WYSIWYG

Dan Martin volume at dmartin.org
Mon Oct 31 15:39:44 UTC 2005

On Mon, October 31, 2005 7:53 am, Christoph Bier said:
> LinuxMurah.com schrieb am 31.10.2005 14:33:
>
>>>Sounds like not all fonts are embedded---but they should be. Even if
>>>you don't like xpdf (I prefer it) you can use pdffonts that ships
>>>with xpdf to see which fonts are used and embedded (or not).
>>
>> how can I make all font to be embedded into adobe reader?
>
> It's not a matter of the viewer program but of the PDF. The fonts
> must be embedded in the PDF. The program that produces the PDF has
> to be configured accordingly. Nowadays all PDF producing programs
> should be configured that way.

I hate to say it, but I think you guys have misdiagnosed the problem.  I could be wrong.  But if the fonts were not
embedded, he would also not see them on the screen.  Lack of embedded fonts should affect both display and printing, not
printing alone.

LinuxMurah, you could try forcing postscript output from acroread, such as:

acroread -toPostscript file.pdf | lpr