Diver Mails

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Mon Oct 31 13:24:49 UTC 2005

Vram wrote:

> On Mon, 2005-10-31 at 14:12 +0530, Ashwani Jain wrote:
>>
>> Hey I just restarted my server and now aliased mails are working.  Its
>> been observed that so many times Ubuntu machine requires restart for
>> configuration changes to take effect.
>
> hup is your friend

Precisely.  Or, since that's a little obscure to people from a non-unix
background,
"sudo /etc/init.d/xxxx restart"

where 'xxxx'  is your local smtp  server (postfix if you're using a default
ubuntu install).

I don't think it's _ever_ been observed, by an experienced user, that Ubuntu
requires a restart for anything. But you normally do need to restart the
services that rely on your changes.
--
derek