emacs cut and paste

'Forum Post ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Mon Oct 31 05:25:19 UTC 2005

David Strauss Wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-10-30 at 23:26 -0500, 'Forum Post wrote:

> > Try to use the middle mouse button to paste into
> gnome-terminal.[/color]

> You're missing the point. The problem isn't pasting into the terminal.

> It's getting it from Emacs onto the GNOME clipboard. I'm going to try

> xemacs for GTK to see if it's any better.

Emacs is a plain X/Xtoolkit application so it will just place things in
one of the X cut buffers.  That's why using the middle mouse button will
do the paste.

You will probably find that the paste from gnome-terminal to emacs is
working via the X cut buffer rather than the clipboard.

Yes, xemacs for GTK will use the same widget set and other
infrastructure (i.e. the GNOME clipboard) so it will probably give the
result you are looking for.

...Peter

--
bluetoad