nautilus behavior

Harold Bibik hwbj at twcny.rr.com
Mon Oct 31 03:41:11 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-10-31 at 10:20 +0700, LinuxMurah.com wrote:

>> In nautilus, go to Edit --> Preferences, go to Behavior tab  and
check
>> the Always open in browser window option. And also go to View and
>> select Side Pane (hotkey: F9).

>I see no Side Pane in View tab. It only contains:
>1. Default View
>2. Icon View Deafults
>3. List View Deafults
>4. Tree View Defaults
>so which one has Side Pane option?

you'll need to use the configuration editor

go to  APPLICATIONS > SYSTEM TOOLS > CONFIGURATION EDITOR

then  APPS > NAUTILUS > PREFERENCES

check:  always_use_browser  and  no_ubuntu_spatial

that should do it for you

 --
Why do we drink cow's milk? Who was the first guy who first looked at
a cow and said "I think I'll drink whatever comes out of these things when
        hwbj at twcny.rr.com