Pls post hibernate.sh - I deleted mine :(

James Gray james at grayonline.id.au
Sun Oct 30 20:42:11 UTC 2005

On Sunday 30 October 2005 20:05, Dave S wrote:
> Dave S wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Due to an act of great stupidly I managed to delete my
> >
> > /etc/acpi/hibernate.sh
> >
> > Can anyone post a copy of theirs so I can copy it ?
> >
> > Cheers
> > Dave
>
> Thanks guys, thats great.
>
> I will be more carefull with 'rm' from now on :)
>
> dave

FWIW when I use rm as root I always use "rm -i" so it prompts before delete.
This was a tip I was given many (many) years ago when I started administering
Unix systems.  You may even want to add an alias to root's profile for
interactive shells "alias rm='rm -i'".  Be careful though, some scripts will
initiate a shell that loads aliases (profile etc) and it may not expect the
interactive rm mode...thus breaking the script.  YMMV.

Happy rm-ing!

James
--
I'm ZIPPY the PINHEAD and I'm totally committed to the festive mode.