emacs and svn?

Oscar monotux at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 20:21:34 UTC 2005

Hello everyone!

I've run into a very strange problem - I've started using svn (subversion) to keep track on a project of mine, and I've been using emacs for editing the files.

But since migrating to subversion, I can't open any file inside a folder downloaded with svn - and I can't find out why.
This is what emacs says when I try to load a svn-downloaded file:

Loading vc-svn (source)... eval-buffer: http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/emacs/emacs/lisp/vc-svn.el is the new canonical location of vc-svn.el, in the FSF Emacs tree.

Ok, that's probably a new URL for emacs to chew on - but why is it keeping me from editing a file with my favorite editor?

Oscar