C++ compiler cannot create executables.

Irantzu Bores Pascual iborespascual at yahoo.es
Fri Oct 28 19:40:41 UTC 2005

Hello!

I've got the following error each time I try to instal
a program. How can I fix it?

This is what I obtain:

root at ubuntu:/usr/mp3blaster-3.2.0# ./configure
checking for a BSD compatible install...
/usr/bin/install -c
checking for working aclocal-1.4... missing
checking for working autoconf... found
checking for working automake-1.4... missing
checking for working autoheader... found
checking for working makeinfo... missing
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a
cross-compiler... no
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for c++... no
checking for g++... no
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C++ compiler (gcc  ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration
problem: C++ compiler cannot create executables.

Thanks