Xine/VLC

Scott angrykeyboarder at angrykeyboarder.com
Sun Oct 30 19:05:57 UTC 2005

On 10/29/2005 05:34 PM, Michael Shaw wrote:

> Patrick Drechsler wrote:
>
>> Michael Shaw wrote on 30 Oct 2005 01:03:14 MET:
>>

>>> I just installed Breezy, and have stumbled across the lack of
>>> libdvdcss2 and xine or vlc support from the stock sources. I
>>> tried googling but to no avail (every one I tried failed).
>>> Does anyone know if any sources that would have the multimedia
>>> packages that Ubuntu has judiciously decided to leave out?
>>>

>> I haven't tried them, but these were mentioned not too long ago:
>>
>> ,----
>> | From: Scott <angrykeyboarder at gmail.com>
>> | Subject: Re: Repository
>> | |
>> ftp://cipherfunk.org/pub/packages/ubuntu/pool/main/libd/libdvdcss/libdvdcss2_1.2.8-1unofficialubuntu3_i386.deb
>>
>> | |
>> ftp://cipherfunk.org/pub/packages/ubuntu/pool/main/w/w32codecs/w32codecs_20050412-0unofficialubuntu2_i386.deb
>>
>> `----
>>
>> HTH
>>
>> Patrick
>>

> It was. But for Hoary not Breezy. I'll keep hunting and hacking. Thanks
>
> Mike

That was for either, I believe. I posted the link originally. I came
across it on Ubuntuforums.org. I can tell by the link that it's just a
direct link to the packages in an apt repository. If you'd like to feel
more certain about it add the following to your sources.list file and
install via apt-get.

deb ftp://cipherfunk.org/pub/packages/ubuntu breezy main

--
Scott
www.angrykeyboarder.com