New user questions

Scott angrykeyboarder at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 16:05:58 UTC 2005

On 10/27/2005 11:42 AM, Gary Hodges wrote:

> When I open Firefox I get a nastygram complaining that ubuntu-artwork
> is not found.  I installed that package, along with the kde artwork
> packages but I still get the error.  ubuntu-artwork is not in the path
> listed in the nastygram.

I've had this same problem. The problem is whomever wrote that program
screwed up the name of the file or the path and that's why you get that
message.  My workardound was to do what I always do anyway and set my
home page to a default of "about:blank".

After I did that the problem went away.  I've gathered yours remained in
spite of making that change?  That's really odd.

BTW, the correct path should be
/usr/share/ubuntu-artwork/home/index-ubuntu.html (not that you care, lol).