FluxBox install

David Strauss ubuntu at david.endeavorcomputing.com
Sat Oct 29 02:07:11 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-10-28 at 18:57 -0700, AA wrote:
> --- David Strauss <ubuntu at david.endeavorcomputing.com>
> wrote:
>
> > It's not in any official repository. You'll have to
> > compile it yourself
> > or find an unofficial source. Ubuntu might not be
> > the best choice for
> > you if you have to change it so much to suit your
> > needs.
>
> So, ubuntu might not be the best choice for me simply
> because I happen to like fluxbox?  Or, is it if I like
> anything that is not in the official repository?

Ignore my comment. I didn't do a complete enough search of the
repositories.

I said Ubuntu might not be the best for you because you like a window
manager that I thought wasn't in any Ubuntu repository. Installing
something fundamental like a window manager that isn't in a repository
would make package maintenance and upgrades difficult.

--
David Strauss <ubuntu at david.endeavorcomputing.com>