xterm

Sean Sieger sean.sieger at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 00:42:48 UTC 2005

Thank you all for your input.

I have tried to read the xterm manpage before and
wasn't able to until you guys gave me some direction.

With a little more digging I found the xenvironment
section of the x manpage and in it a little something
to put in .Xresources:

bitmap*Dashed:  off
XTerm*cursorColor:  gold
XTerm*multiScroll:  on
XTerm*jumpScroll:  on
XTerm*reverseWrap:  on
XTerm*curses:  on
XTerm*Font:  6x10
XTerm*scrollBar: on
XTerm*scrollbar*thickness: 5
XTerm*multiClickTime: 500
XTerm*charClass:  33:48,37:48,45-47:48,64:48
XTerm*cutNewline: off
XTerm*cutToBeginningOfLine: off
XTerm*titeInhibit:  on
XTerm*ttyModes:  intr ^c erase ^? kill ^u
XLoad*Background: gold
XLoad*Foreground: red
XLoad*highlight: black
XLoad*borderWidth: 0
emacs*Geometry: 80x40-0-0
emacs*Background:  black
emacs*Foreground:  white
emacs*Cursor:  white
emacs*BorderColor:  white
emacs*Font:  9x15
xmag*geometry: -0-0
xmag*borderColor:  white

and badda-boom-badda-bing I have emacs running in an
xterm just like I have always wanted it. Lee Braiden,
you out there? This is what I was looking for and did
not know how to ask, so thank you too for your
patience with me.