bluetooth/usb-dongle

Steve bassix at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 10:35:07 UTC 2005

On 10/27/05, ulrich steffens <ulrich at barfuss-jerusalem.org> wrote:
> hi list,
> while i'm desperately trying to compile a patched version of openobex so
> that i can connect my mobilephone through usb, i thought that i cut the
> crap with compiling and better ask if someone can recommend a painlessly
> working usb/bluetooth-dongle?
> nothing fancy, just some plain dongle that will work in a range of 1-2
> meters and lets me connect my damn mobile with ubuntu :)
> it s*cks b*lls to boot into windows just to get some data out of the
> phone and booting back to linux to actually use that data.
>
> and *no*, i won't ditch linux because of that... (couldn't resist ;)
>
> thanks in advance
>
>  - ulrich

Install "gnome-bluetooth" in synaptic... it will give you 2 System
Tools: Bluetooth Filesharing, and Bluetooth Manager. Then you can use
"gnome-obex-send XX" to transfer to your devices. I use it to transfer
to my phone and also PDA.

I have an "Ultra BTA-3000" Bluetooth USB dongle that works great like this.

HTH.

-Steve.
--
Ubuntu :: Linux for Human Beings :: ubuntulinux.org