Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Fri Oct 28 06:54:50 UTC 2005

Peter Lieverdink wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-10-28 at 11:58 +0800, toylet wrote:
>
>>Under Fedora Core 4, I needed to enter "linux dd" at the boot prompt
>>in order to load a special chipset driver.
>>
>>what about Ubuntu 5.10?
>

> Perhaps. Ubuntu is fairly clever about loading appropriate drivers.
> Which sata chipset are we talking about here?
>
> - P.
My machine in on a Hoary install to a SATA didn't have any hiccups. It
didn't seem to even know, but this may depend on the motherboard. I
think I had to load some drivers to my motherboard to get SATA as a
bootable disk option.

Do you have other drives in the machine, is grub on an ide and then
install on a SATA?

Alex